Patient in Miami asks, “What is cosmetic dentistry?”
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry explains cosmetic dental care as that which helps patients to maintain or restore the optimal function, appearance, and health of their mouths and smiles. Cosmetic dentistry is intricately connected to overall oral health and wellness.
At Fain Dental Arts, in North Miami, our medical director, Dr. Sylvan Fain, is a talented, experienced, and extensively-trained doctor of dental surgery and a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and the American Academy of General Dentistry.
While most dental treatments improve the look and function of a patient’s smile, cosmetic dental treatments may be recommended as a stand-alone procedure or in combination with several other services for a smile makeover. Our cosmetic dentistry menu includes:
- Teeth whitening
- Zoom2! Professional Teeth Whitening System – dramatic results can be achieved in 30 percent less time with a significant reduction in the risk of sensitivity. In just one hour in our comfortable office, a patient’s smile will be shades lighter and noticeably brighter.
- KoR Deep Bleaching – sometimes, seriously stained or darkened teeth require a deeper bleaching. KöR Whitening may be recommended in these cases or for patients whose teeth may be extremely stained, for example, through prescription antibiotic use.
- Take Home trays – custom-molded, convenient, and comfortable trays are designed for patients who may wish to whiten their teeth on their own schedules at home.
- Porcelain veneers – porcelain is a material that has many of the same attributes as the tooth’s natural enamel, such as light reflection and appearance, while also offering stain resistance. Thin shells of porcelain are bonded to the fronts of the teeth, reshaping, brightening, straightening, and enhancing the appearance of the smile. The patient works with Dr. Fain to design the smile of his or her dreams.
- Cosmetic bonding, inlays, and onlays – tooth colored materials can correct imperfections in one or several teeth.
- Invisalign – clear, removable, and comfortable alignment trays gently move teeth into the desired position without wires or metal brackets.
Restorative treatments, such as dental crowns, bridges, dentures, and dental implants, may also be used to enhance or restore a patient’s ultimate and aesthetically-pleasing smile.
Appointments may be scheduled by calling 305-891-2621.
Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Page