North Miami dentist offers tips for successful teeth whitening treatment
Dr. Sylvan Fain of Fain Dental Arts proudly offers general, cosmetic, and restorative dental treatments to patients in North Miami and the surrounding areas. A beautiful smile has positive effects on an individual’s personal and professional lives. A teeth whitening treatment is a simple, yet effective way to transform your smile. When performed by a dental professional, it is a safe, efficient way to achieve a brighter smile. For patients who are considering whitening procedures, there are tips to maintain a newly whitened smile.
Tips for teeth whitening
Deciding to transform your smile is a big decision. A consultation is necessary to determine the appropriate treatment for your needs and lifestyle. Once the decision has been made to whiten, it is important to take steps to maintain a whiter smile and to protect your mouth’s overall health. There are tips to ensure successful results from your teeth whitening treatment.
- Prior to whitening, have your teeth professionally cleaned. Even with good oral habits, plaque and tartar can accumulate on your teeth to create a yellowish tint. Tartar creates a barrier that can make whitening more difficult. A professional cleaning with your hygienist removes tartar and cleans hard-to-reach areas. This allows the whitening agent to be absorbed for a more effective treatment.
- Use professional whitening products under your dentist’s guidance. Professional whitening through Fain Dental Arts is safe and produces more effective, efficient results than commercial products. Whether you choose Zoom2! or the KöR Deep Bleaching System, you will achieve a dramatically brighter smile in a shorter period of time.
- Avoid food, drinks, and products that stain and discolor the teeth. This includes coffee, tea, red wine, tomato products, and tobacco. These products are known to stain the teeth. Teeth whitening treatments may make your teeth more susceptible to staining. Try to avoid or minimize your use of these products in the first couple weeks after your treatment.
- If you do choose to drink dark-colored liquids, use a straw and finish in one sitting. This directs liquids off your teeth and minimizes the time they sit in your mouth.
- Rinse your teeth after eating or drinking. This helps to remove food particles to keep them from sitting on your teeth.
- Follow a good oral health regimen at home. Brushing at least twice per day and flossing once removes stains, bacteria, and food particles. This keeps your teeth healthy and bright.
- Do maintenance whitening treatments if needed. It takes work to preserve a white smile. Touch up treatments may be needed depending on how much your diet and lifestyle habits cause staining.
Professional customized teeth whitening
Teeth whitening is a popular treatment as it is a simple, yet dramatic way to enhance your smile. Making the decision to whiten your teeth with a professional is a step toward a healthier smile. By choosing to whiten professionally you give your dental team a chance to assess your mouth for problems first. Your teeth should be professionally cleaned and polished before they are whitened. Aside from removing any tartar barriers to improve whitening, it gives your dentist a chance to check for problems that could interfere with the whitening process. If there are problems, they can be addressed first to preserve the health of your mouth.
Convenient whitening with long-lasting results
Teeth whitening is safe and effective when performed under the guidance of your dental team. The whitening agent used produces dramatic results. At Fain Dental Arts, we offer Zoom2! and the KöR Deep Bleaching System. Both systems produce dramatically whiter results. With Zoom2!, a whitening gel is applied to the teeth. A specially designed light activates the gel to break down stains and whiten the teeth. The KöR Deep Bleaching System utilizes a professional bleaching agent that is applied to specially designed trays that seal out saliva to prevent the contamination of the whitening gel. This system is able to safely, effectively break down tough stains. We offer in-office whitening treatments as well as at-home trays in order to meet our patients’ varying lifestyle needs.
Professional teeth whitening produces high quality, effective whitening results. Maintain the brightness of your smile with a good oral health regimen and precise care to remove unwanted stains. Contact our North Miami office to schedule an appointment with Dr. Fain and the team at Fain Dental Arts. Call 305-891-2621.
Back to Teeth Whitening Page